IT Engineer/IT Support
- Advise teams in the planning, designing and utilization of the R based data analysis platform.
- Interact and consult with global R community to translate business requirements into solutions.
- Provide functional support to the scientific community using the R data analysis platform.
- Provide guidance for coding standards and discover new methodologies
- Maintain the data analysis platform, provide technical support, and assist troubleshooting day-today operational issues.
- Provide monitoring of the platform to proactively identify and resolve issues. Conduct root cause analysis to identify and resolve complex problems impacting service levels.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Informatics, Computer Science, or similar
- 5+ years experience supporting R statistical programming language
- Experience with bioinformatics tools and data analysis
- 5+ years experience working with OS - Red Hat Enterprise Linux Version
- Experience with high performance computing environments
- Configuration and System Management System - Puppet 4+, GitLab, etc.
- Background in scripting and code development: Python or Perl
- Analytic Computing experience (RStudio Emphasis preferred)
- Knowledge of cloud computing and data analytics
- Knowledge of big data methodologies (e.g. Spark)
U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Information (Completion is voluntary)
Individuals seeking employment at Hunter International are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation. You are being given the opportunity to provide the following information in order to help us comply with federal and state Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action record keeping, reporting, and other legal requirements.
Completion of the form is voluntary. Refusal to provide the requested information will not subject you to any adverse treatment. Any information that you do provide will be kept confidential as required by law.
Thank you for your interest in one of our positions! Your application was submitted successfully.
Visit our newsroom for advice to ace your interview!