Research Investigator Responsibilities:
- Design experiments and develop electrochemical measurements
- Evaluate corrosion for various metal thin films in chemical solutions using electrochemical impedance spectroscopy, Tafel analysis and galvanic corrosion measurements
- Assist with characterization of structure and surface properties of metals and their corrosion products by developing test methods/recipes for dielectric and metal thin film characterization with XRF, ellipsometry and FTIR
- Perform laboratory instrument calibrations
- Interface with equipment vendors for maintenance, service contracts, equipment modification and improvements, and new equipment purchases
- Work with cross-functional teams to support new product development efforts
- Conduct experiments to support new products development
- MS or Ph.D in Materials Science and Engineering, Corrosion, Electrochemistry, or other relevant disciplines
- Strong background knowledge of electrochemistry, surface and microstructural analysis techniques
- Minimum 3 years hands-on, in-depth, recent experience in electrochemical impedance spectroscopy, Tafel analysis and galvanic corrosion measurement
- Proficient in fundamentals of electrochemistry and applied electrochemical techniques (e.g. cyclic voltammetry, corrosion rate measurements, corrosion potential measurements, polarization resistance, and corrosion inhibitors)
- Minimum 2 years recent hands-on experience with XRF, ellipsometry for thin film characterization
- Able to undertake multiple tasks and projects simultaneously and manage competing priorities
- Self-motivated, excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience in customer interaction is a plus
- Experience in SEM for wafer inspection is a plus
- Possess excellent communication and organization skills
- hands-on laboratory experience, highly motivated, innovative, attention to detail, and able to conduct independent research
U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Information (Completion is voluntary)
Individuals seeking employment at Hunter International are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation. You are being given the opportunity to provide the following information in order to help us comply with federal and state Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action record keeping, reporting, and other legal requirements.
Completion of the form is voluntary. Refusal to provide the requested information will not subject you to any adverse treatment. Any information that you do provide will be kept confidential as required by law.
Thank you for your interest in one of our positions! Your application was submitted successfully.
Visit our newsroom for advice to ace your interview!